Friday, October 14, 2016

September Beauty Review

Last month I set some goals for myself to become a better and happier me. One of those goals was to become more knowledgeable about beauty products- applying them, different brands yotta yotta yotta. I have really tried to expand my makeup and hair product vocabulary. And by vocabulary I mean brands, prices, makeup dupes, must have products, different ways to apply it etc.

Growing up I mostly used drug store products because #broke #nomoney #noknowledge #safezone. I would rather spend $10 on a foundation and hate it rather than $50 which I'm sure many of you can relate to. But, for the most part I believe in the "you get what you pay for" philosophy so I've slowly converted over to more high end products. But sometimes I'm still a chicken. That's one of the reasons I tried out Ipsy and joined Influenster. I wanted to try new products to get a feel of which brands I liked and which ones I didn't care for (again, not being paid to say all this stuff, I just really think they are great!) I really also just LOVE trying new products, finding ones that I love, and sharing them!

So instead of just doing monthly Ipsy Glam Bag posts I'm going to change it up a bit and do Beauty Reviews on ALL the products I try or love! I'm also going to start adding in recommendation sections, dupes, and all that jazz. I'm not a beauty guru, but I am starting to learn more about being fabulous so that counts for something, right?

EYEKO Eye Do Liquid Eyeliner in black- This is my first liquid eyeliner I have ever tried! It is "online only" at Ulta and a "crazy-popular" item, which now I totally get why! Waterproof, easy to use, very pigmented, and features widelash enhancer. LOVE LOVE LOVE, it lasts me all day long and has a perfect precision tip. Now I just need to get better at applying it. Tips welcomed! Ha!

Eva NYC Dry Conditioner- Dry shampoo= best thing on earth. Dry Conditioner= I was confused. It has great reviews on all the websites I've looked at but I'd never heard of it. It's said to seal and soften the cuticle, and enhance shine and moisture. It smells amazing but I honestly have not used it a ton because I love the way my hair feels after dry shampoo- more textured, rather than this conditioner which makes it soft.


BellaPierre Cosmetics Mineral Blush in Autumn Glow - I Loved this mineral blush! It feels so light and smooth! Super pretty color that has a shimmer and glow to it! I sometimes use is as a bronzer  because of the brown tones in it. I definitely will be purchasing this in other colors.



Perfekt Liquid Gold Illuminating Perfector  So first off I have to say that I got this full size $30 product for FREE from using my Ipsy Rewards (if you review products, you get points). So that was dope. And I was stoked to try this because lately I am obsessed with highlighters and anything with a shimmer. I've heard such great things about this brand so I was excited to try this.  I mix this in with my normal lotion after getting out of the shower and it leaves a really pretty glow all over! You don't have to mix it with something else, but I felt like I could make it last longer this way! You can use it on your face, skin, and even as a leave in conditioner for your hair. It seriously is just a gorgeous product, yes I said gorgeous and I mean it. It feels amazing as is a 10 in 1 lotion.
Japonesque Liquid Light - Like I said before- I am a sucker for illuminating products lately. I also got this for FREE from Ipsy rewards which always makes me so excited! This is AWESOME. I have used it as my blush and as my highlight on my cheeks/nose/forehead. It is great! A super pretty, light, shimmer that leaves a pretty natural glow! 


xoxo,
Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS