Thursday, September 20, 2018

Holiday Decor on a Budget

I LOVE decorations, especially Holiday Decorations! The Decor sections at TJ Maxx, Target, Real Deals, & Hobby Lobby are my happy place! I was always so excited to get married, have our own place, and decorate the heck out of it! One thing I quickly learned was that I would need to buy things slowly and not all at once because we were (and still are and probably always will be) on a budget. So over the past 2.5 years I have slowly added to my holiday decor! It makes me sooo happy and excited to get to redecorate for the changing seasons!

So here’s a few tips that have really helped me!

+I only buy items I absolutely LOVE. Yep. Not even ones I really really like.  Just love. I ask myself if it will make me happy to look at it everyday, if it's a yes, and I love it, it's going in my cart! TRUST ME- I could find 100 things I think I need at a store. But do I LOVE all of them? I mean maybe.....but.... Probs not.

+ Know your space! Make sure to figure out the places you will be adding Holiday decorations before you go shop! You don’t need to purchase 100 decor items if you only have room for 10! We live in an apartment and so it really can limit the amount of decor (sadly)!

+ Targets “dollar” section is AMAZING, but you already know that. So. Many. Cute. Items. They kill it during the holidays! You can find all the cutest little holiday goodies & decor here! This is a GREAT place to start!!

+Walmart really can come in clutch during the holiday season.

+ Hobby Lobby and Michaels have SUCH cute holiday decorations and I feel like they are ALWAYS having 40%+ off sales and on top of that they always have a 40% off coupon (for one item)  you can find on their app, in their flyers, or online! Nothing better than discounts on top of sales!

+ TJ Maxx is heaven on earth. I’m obsessed. Their prices are incredible and they always have such fun & unique items!! I would say I have gotten half of my joke and holiday decor from here! You can find such great deals on quality products.  I could literally spend hours shopping there, oh wait, I always do!

+Pinterest has TONS of DOLLAR STORE crafts you can make and a lot of them are actually super cute & creative! Who doesn’t love DIY crafts that don’t break the bank!? I try and do 1 DIY item each season!

+Get FREE prints on Pinterest that you can print at your local Walmart or Walgreens! This is what I do and just switch out my pictures for the season!! Literally just search “FREE FALL  PRINTS” and there’s hundreds!

+Shop sales at the end of each holiday to purchase new decor for the  NEXT year! The decor gets HEAVILY discounted and you can get some awesome items for like 70% off! Especially at Real Deals! I know, I know - you want it NOW. But if your budget can’t hang, you can’t either. So just be patient and then the next year you will be just as excited because it’ll be brand new! It’s like you’re giving a gift to your future self, which is awesome.
You really don't need a TON of decorations to make your home feel cozy and festive!

Here are some items I have been eyeing that WONT break the bank! Those letter board words are probably next on my list!!!


xoxo
Bailey

I get commission for purchases or clicks made through links in this post.       

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS