Thursday, September 8, 2016

Meal Planning Round 2

Since my last meal planning post got such great feedback I decided to do another one! Again, i'm not a meal planning genius in any way, but you got to start somewhere right? You can read my last post here to read what I do when I begin my meal planning for the next week or 2. I usually do it the day we are going to go grocery shopping so I know exactly what to get, how much of it I will need, and so I hopefully don't have to make any random trips to the grocery store throughout the week.
This is what my meal planning paper looked like 2 weeks ago, I'll explain in a second:

Teriyaki Rice Bowls
Teriyaki Stir Fry
Chicken/broccli shells and cheese

Baja Chicken Quesadilla
Chicken Flat Bread Pizza
Grilled Herb Chicken and Potatoes
Itallian chicken and potatoes
Slow cooker honey garlic chicken and veggies

Zucchini Crisps/ Sticks
Egg Salad Sandwich
Cucumber Cream Cheese Roll
Pizza Biscuits or Pizza Bagels
Corn and carrots
Garlic Parmesan Breadsticks

It's all just kind of a rough draft, and nothing is set in stone, but it is a great list I can go off of and make things easier for myself if needed. I don't always make EVERY single meal I write on the list but I like having all the options written down because some nights I just don't feel like eating what I had planned. I bolded and linked the items that I ended up making on the list. Most of them I had never made before and they turned out good. I started keeping these lists so that if I ever want to reuse them or need ideas for a different week! And the recipes I find on Pinterest I put on a separate board so I can know where to find them easily!

The first sections are meals that have similar ingredients that I for sure want to make that week. Those are the meals that I'm going to make closer together because they all have broccoli and chicken in them which will save me time and planning since I can cook them up on the very first night and put some in the fridge for the other meals.

The second sections are other meals that I want to get ingredients for and make throughout the next 2 weeks as well and if I don't feel like eating the meals I wrote in the first section I can substitute one of these instead. I still grouped meals with similar ingredients together in that section as well to make things easier.

The last section are ideas for lunches and sides that I can make. The zucchini crisps were seriously AMAZING. And Pax loved the garlic parmesan bread sticks!

RECIPE NOTES
+So for the teriyaki chicken stir fry I really didn't use a recipe. t cut up broccoli, zucchini, and carrots to begin. Then I cooked up a few chicken breasts (so that I could set aside half of it for the other meals that week, I usually always cook it in olive oil and use Lawrys seasoning salt). After a few minutes I threw in carrots and zucchini to start cooking in the pan. While that was all cooking together I put the broccoli in the microwave for about 7 minutes. Once that was done I drained the water and put it in the pan with the other food and poured teriyaki sauce over it all and mixed. The teriyaki sauce I used is this one from Broulims and I LOVED it. We ended up putting all of this in a whole wheat wrap and eating it that way and it was so yummy! One of my favorite meals I have made.


+For the Chicken flatbread pizzas I used a whole wheat tortilla, put barbecue  sauce and a little ranch on it, put chicken and cheese on top  then put it in the oven at 400 degrees and cooked them for 5 min. Super easy super yummy! I also made a few with marinara sauce, pepperonis, and cheese.

+Pizza Bagels I did the same thing as above but with plain bagels.

+For the breadsticks I would  recommend using half the garlic parmesan seasoning because we had way too much left over.

+We did the grilled herb chicken and potatoes on a pan in the oven instead of foils.

+The slow cooker Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies did not turn out for us haha. We followed the instructions but it cooked for WAY too long. I should have taken it out 1-2 hours before the time it said but I was getting my hair done haha. We still ate it but the chicken was so dry and everything was over cooked.

xoxo
Bailey







No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS