Sunday, August 21, 2016

Love Story Part 3: The Proposal











August 1, 2015 Pax and I decided to go ring shopping.  We had both recently came to the conclusion that we were really going to get married so we decided it would be fun to go look at rings, just for fun. I narrowed it down to my 3 favorite rings but I wanted to go to other stores to see other options. We went ring shopping again on the 3rd and Paxton wasn't acting excited and didn't really love any of the rings I liked and it was making me so sad. I wasn't finding any that I liked more than the rings from the first store so we decided to go back because I wanted to try those ones again. We went back and the one I had decided I loved the best out of all of the rings had been purchased! He warned us when we were first in there that they were going to discontinue making that ring and that it was the last one they had. I was SO bummed. I knew that one was the one Paxton liked the best to so  I felt really bad that I hadn't chosen it that Saturday,  but I didn't want to choose it because it was the very first store we'd ever been to. 

We were going to go to Utah that weekend and look at more rings and go to my house so he could talk to my dad. This was kind of a sudden decision and everything was happening so fast. The day after we went ring shopping we really prayed about when we should get married, both of us came to the conclusion that November would be it. I honestly freaked out. This was all happening so fast and all at the same time. I was so excited but so nervous! At the end of July I was in Canada with all my family and didn't even tell them we were thinking about marriage at all and kind of down played it all. Not to mention Paxton tried to break up with me while I was there hahaha. Long story short- it showed us how much we really did want to be together. So ya, everything was just kind of crazy!

August 5, 2015 Paxton told me his parents wanted to take us out for dinner and to show me his dads work after he was done job shadowing at a Dental office. He texted me to not wear pajamas hahaha that cracked me up because I would never wear pajamas in public. For a quick second I wondered if he was going to propose but it didn't last because I didn't have a ring that I liked the best and it would be way too soon for that. I got to his house and we went to see his dads work. The temple was near by so his parents wanted to stop at the Green Belt and go look at the water. We went to a lookout point and I saw an umbrella on the ground. Paxton went over to move it and there were roses and a book that said Reasons I Want To Spend Eternity With You. My heart stopped. I looked up and his dad was holding up a sign in the background that said Will You Marry Me. I looked down and Paxton was down on one knee with the ring of my dreams! It was the one I decided from the first store that I thought someone else had bought! He said "Bailey Nicole, I love you and want you for forever, will you marry me?" And that was the best moment of my whole entire life. I was just in total shock. It was an easy yes but I was so confused how this all happened! Paxton told me he went back the day after ring shopping and bought the ring. He said I had it on my finger the longest and that I kept putting it back on more than the other rings. He drove to pocatello to get it resized. And instead of job shadowing all day like I had thought he had driven to my hometown, 3 hours away,  to take my parents out for lunch and ask permission to marry me! It was the best surprise of my entire life.

xoxo
Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS