Thursday, November 24, 2016

Love Story Part 5: The Wedding Day

Low Key mad at myself for not posting this a year ago! Also, I lied when I said I was posting this on my actual wedding day.
11/21/15 was the best day of my entire life. My wedding day could not have been more perfect and I mean that 100%. Everything went so smoothly and 97% as planned. I had 95% of the people I loved with me that day and I'm going to stop using percentages to explain my wedding day.
I woke up at 4am because I COULD NOT SLEEP Partially because I was so anxious and stressed and scared because like MARRIAGE IS ETERNAL and partially because I was so excited and just couldn't believe it was my WEDDING DAY and I wanted to look flawless. My mom bought me the prettiest belt from anthropology and the most gorgeous fur coat to wear for pictures cause it was so cold that morning!! We met at the Twin Falls temple at 10:30 am and I had a moment where I had to choose not to be a bridezilla because my flowers were NOT what I wanted/expected.. They were super Chrismtasy and red which I didn't want at all... because red wasn't really in my wedding colors, but I let it go because there was nothing I could do about it and they were still gorgeous and had glitter on them so #fab.  We got sealed at 11:00 am with our closest friends and family there supporting us. Pax was the first one to cry, which I loved because how cute is that!? I remember feeling so much peace and love and comfort when we were getting sealed and it was just continual confirmation that day that he was who I was supposed to be with, he was my person! I was SO giddy you guys! I was Mrs. McCammon! Walking out of that Temple to see all of our loved ones in one place was on the of the happiest moments of my life. 












Gorgeous right? I'll be honest, I wasn't super pleased with the pictures took outside of the Temple. The lightning just wasn't the best- which you can see in some of the pictures :(  and it was just so cold! I was super bummed and wished we could've done the pictures on the other side of the temple for better lighting. But some of them still turned out and I'm grateful I have them.
Next was the Luncheon at 1 o clock. We did it at the same place my Reception was going to be that night, The Stonehouse They catered the whole thing so we didn't have to worry about anything which was perfect. We kissed and got congratulated during the luncheon then went and did Bridal party photos while my mom, aunts, and friends decorated for my reception!






Having 12 Bridesmaids was the best decision ever because they are all my BEST FRIENDS! There was supposed to be 5 more girls there with me on this day but 4 were on missions and 1 couldn't make it! For the bridesmaid and groomsmen pictures I just had my sisters be in the pictures since Pax only had 4 groomsmen and I didn't want the pictures to look weird. Seriously, how stunning are these pictures!? I sent each of my bridesmaids a color swatch along with a card that asked them to be my bridesmaid and told them I wanted lots of layers and a "boho" look with brown ankle booties. I had my 4 sisters all wear the same dress from Bohme. We bought all the groomsmen skinny ties at a shop in Utah and ordered the tuxes from the same place so that they were all matching perfectly. 






Literally have butterflies in my stomach right now looking at my reception pictures. IT COULD NOT HAVE LOOKED MORE STUNNING AND PERFECT! It was exactly what I envisioned and I personally think it should be in a magazine. SO DREAMY.  My momma and aunts and moms friends did such a PERFECT job making my dreams come true!!! Luckily  my mom is super creative and knows me well so I kind of just told her I wanted pine cones, antlers, lots of gold and lots of flowers and just let her do her thing. She put so much time and effort into it, I was super grateful. She MADE that flower back drop for me!! There's this cute shop in Utah called Called to Surf and above their register they had a branch with flowers hanging down from it and when I saw it last year I told my mom that I NEEDED on at my wedding so her and my aunts MADE one for me!!! It was the perfect backdrop for our line and was incredible! We also had a little table with the picture of me and Pax in first grade together, my journals that were written about him, his yearbook that had a heart around my name and cutesy story book stuff like that. 


The reception was perfect. My grandma made her famous chocolates for little favors as people left, we had so much support from friends and family. We cut the cake, threw the bouquet/garter, then we had a sparkler and lantern send off. It was the perfect ending to a perfect day! I don't think I would've changed one thing about my reception! So happy I get to celebrate this day every single year with my love.

xoxo
Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS