Thursday, November 30, 2017

7 DAY SIMPLE SELF CARE CHALLENGE


Self care, self love, and self acceptance have quickly become topics that I am very passionate about. I have recognized the importance of them and started to apply them into my life. It hasn't just changed my life, it has TRANSFORMED it. Really. In such an important way that I think that SO MANY people (seriously like everyone and anyone) could benefit from this! So now all I want to do is share it with the world!

So, I decided to host a 7 Day Simple Self Care Challenge over on my Instagram I want it to be a safe place where you can start this journey and find it in yourself to love who you are and all that you are! I wanted to keep it SIMPLE and to the point and start adding in basic concepts every day!  There's no reporting back to me, no huge assignments- simply suggestions and questions and quotes that will help influence you to start intentionally living and loving yourself. 

We are currently on Day 2 and will begin Day 3 tomorrow. Each day I will update the challenges right here in this post so if you prefer to follow along here and go at your own pace and come back as often as you would like!








 1) Choose a positive affirmation/intention that you will focus on and repeat throughout the day. Start with an "I AM" statement that is meaningful and powerful to YOU. Mine for today is: I am grounded. I am balanced

2)Answer This: What do you want to gain from practicing self care for the next 7 days?? I personally want to take better care of myself mind, body, and spirit. I want to have more peace and guidance in my life. 

3) Take at least 10 minutes for yourself today and do something with the INTENTION of loving and taking care of yourself. Go for a walk, take a shower, focus on your skin care routine, meditate, listen to an inspirational podcast- ANYTHING. But do it for YOURSELF. 



1) Today, choose YOURSELF. Choose a positive affirmation/intention that begins with the words "I CHOOSE" Mine for today is- I choose peace and safety within. With my anxiety it can be hard for me to love myself and my body. Especially when I feel like they aren't functioning as I wish they would. This affirmation helps me to CHOOSE peace and safety within myself even when it's not easy.

2)Answer This: What is something about your body and your personality that you LOVE? I love my eyes and my compassion for others.  If that was uncomfortable for you- that's okay. It's normal to feel resistance with something like this. Especially if you are not used to loving yourself or complimenting yourself. A lot of our lives we are taught to NOT do that because we will come off selfish or stuck up. *insert eye roll here* that doesn't apply to all situations. Those resisting emotions just prove that we rent as kind and loving to ourselves as we should be. 

3) Every time you are in front of a mirror today I want you to look at yourself and say OUT LOUD- I love and accept myself exactly how I am. That may seem weird. And trust me, when I first read about this exercise in a book I was like- WHAT? THAT IS SO STUPID. But I put away the resistance and started doing it and after a few weeks of consistently doing this at least 1 time a day I actually started to believe it. Those 9 words changed my life. 

 1) Today we are going to focus on self acceptance. I want you to choose 1 or 2 Lines from the next picture to think about throughout the day.

2) Today I want you to be more gentle with yourself. Be mindful of your thoughts towards yourself. If any negative thoughts happen stop them and replace the with words of kindness and reassurance. 
Picture yourself back when you were 5 years old. What would you want to say to your 5 year old self if you were having a hard time? A bad day? A negative thought? I bet they would be kind words of encouragement. Say those things to yourself NOW. BE KIND.

3) Make the decision today to learn to love you. Flaws and all. Know that it won't happen instantly. But that's okay! Take the first step and decide to START.






1) All I want you to do for today is 10-15 minutes of stretching/yoga/exercise. Listen to music, do it while you're watching TV, Do it in silence- Listen to you body and do what it needs for today.


1) Today I want you to choose an "I AM" statement that helps to connect you to The Divine. Mine is: I am an extension of The Divine. This is one of my favorite mantras to help reconnect with my spiritual self.  "You are not a human having a spiritual moment. You are an expansive, powerful, spiritual being having a human experience. "

2) Say a prayer of gratitude today. Don't ask for anything. Just share all the things you are grateful for in your life today. 

3) Find time to meditate at least 5 minutes today. I love the Headspace App and the Simple Habit App. Or simply sit there in silence and let your mind go where it wants to.

 1) Choose a positive affirmation to focus on today that has to do with change and or transformation within yourself. Mine Is: I am open to change,  I welcome it.

2) Focus on an area where you are noticing change in your life. Good OR bad. Whether it is within yourself or something going on in your life. Be aware of it and try to let go of any resistance you may notice.

3)Make specific goals and invite the positive change into your life or at least the PROCESS of changing. Maybe do some yoga while focusing on what you WANT to happen. Don't focus on what you DONT want to happen. Don't focus on the negative. POSITIVE THOUGHTS AND OUTCOMES ONLY.


1) Make a list of your favorite positive affirmations/mantras that resonate with you! I keep  mine in my "notes" in my phone. Here are mine: I am grounded, I am safe/ I choose peace and safety within/ I am worthy and powerful/ I am easy to love/ I know what to say/ I trust myself/ I am an extension of the Divine. 

2) What words or beliefs do you want to live by? Really think about his. Write this down by your positive affirmations. AND BEGIN. 

3) Take a moment to reflect on this last week. What parts of the challenge did you love? Did loving yourself and taking tim for YOU affect you? What do you want to add into your life from this challenge? How can you keep working on loving yourself?

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! So grateful for everyone that participated! I really hope it was an easy way/introfuction to self care! I hope you gained something from this! I will keep this post here forever! 




HAPPY HEALING YOU BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE

Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS