Sunday, April 10, 2016

Love Story Part 2: May-August







May 20 I knew there was something there 100%
May 22 You visited my home town for the weekend and I knew this was more than a crush
May 28 I think I love you
June 4 I know I love you
June 6 I decided to be "official"
June 7 You told me you loved me & I said it too
June 15 I knew I wanted to marry you
June 20 We rode in the back of a cop car together
July 30 I got my confirmation that I was going to marry you
August 1st We went ring shopping for the first time and that you were the love of my life. 
August 2 We both got confirmation for a winter wedding

Falling in love with Paxton wasn't hard. It literally felt like we had been together forever. That whole "when you know, you know" is exactly how it was for us. I couldn't picture life without him in such a short time, he was my person. He made me happier than I had ever been and he was just everything I had ever wanted. He was my "list", down to the silly little things I wanted in a boy- obsessed with sports teams, wears snapbacks, likes rap music, loves taco bell ect.
We fell in love fast. 3 days after our first date he came to my hometown to spend the weekend with my family and I. I remember we were in my basement storage room going through my old journals and finding journal entries I had written about him from elementary school. That night he gave me "the look" and I knew this was real for him too. Eventually he told me that that was the moment he fell in love with me.
We had the best time and we just fit together. I went back to Provo after that weekend and was wondering if those feelings were going to fade. I was wondering what I was supposed to do about the job offer. I was wondering if this was all as crazy as it seemed or if this was one of those everything happens for a reason things. I was wondering If I would be crazy to leave Utah and all my best friends and move back to Idaho. I told myself it wouldn't be because of him, but honestly it was, and that made me nervous because maybe this was just a week fling? We talked,texted, and face timed nonstop for 2 weeks, this wasn't just a fling. We spent hours on the phone and our lives seemed to line up so well. We had so much to talk about and were just giddy. After a lot of thought and prayer I decided that moving to Idaho was what I needed to do. No matter how crazy it sounded or felt. And then everything just kind of fell into place. I got the job, I found someone to buy my current contract, and I found a place to live all within 3 days. It really just felt like it was meant to be, and it obviously was.
The rest of the summer was spent hiking, kayaking, spending time with family, bonfires, lots of taco bell, and the idea of me becoming a wifey became more and more real. We definitely had a lot of ups as well as a lot of downs, but I just knew we were supposed to be together. I just knew he was the one for me. No matter how hard times got and how difficult things were, I just knew, everything always lead back to him.
And when things got more and more serious I would have freak outs because it was all so REAL. But it all wasn't how I had planned things out in my head. I wanted to become established, buy lots of clothes and fun toys and travel while I was single, date someone for a year then have a summer wedding, then get married around 23. But at the end of July when we really started playing with the idea of marriage and that all changed. Which kind of freaked me out but it was just how it was supposed to be! We then received the council - if you know, why wait? And looking at school and apartment timelines, it seemed to be the most logical to get married in the winter.... which meant we were going to get married in the next 5 months or less. And I freaked out about 100000 what ifs but when it was all said and done I knew he was going to be the one to let me cry and vent whenever I needed. I knew he was going to be the one to help me through my anxiety and my depression.  I knew he was going to be the one to hold my hand through anything that life threw at us. I knew he was going to be the one to go to Taco Bell, Target, and Ulta with me endless times. I knew he was going to be the one to make all my dreams come true because he loved me that much. I knew he was my forever. And on August 5 it all became a reality.

xoxo
Bailey McCammon

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS