Tuesday, January 15, 2019

1st Trimester With Baby M

I can't believe I am already in my 2nd trimester! These past few weeks have been flying by! I wanted to document my first trimester here so I can remember this crazy and amazing time of my life! In many ways it's exactly how I would've expected it to go, but in more ways it was very very different than I imagined!

Fun Facts:
+Baby is due July 12
+We saw baby for the first time at week 8
+Paxton thinks baby is a boy, but I think it might just be a girl
+We got to hear babies strong heartbeat
+Baby grew from a poppyseed to a lemon

Overall:
+My mental health has been so good! I was worried my anxiety would be very bad but honestly it hasn't been an issue which I feel very blessed about. I even was able to come off of one of my meds!
+Pregnancy hasn't freaked me out as much as I thought it would! I always thought I would HATE being pregnant but that is not the case. I feel empowered and blessed.
+I didn't pass out when I got my blood drawn and I'm not anxious at every single appointment. I'm handling things well! Yay me!
+I haven't had pop or sweets consistently at all. All my favorite things just do not sound good. Breaks my heart. I miss food.
+French Fries, juice, mac & cheese, and gold fish have been a few constants that I actually can eat.

Weeks 4-7
+It SHOCKED me how much my body changed/how many symptoms I felt in just the first few weeks of finding out I was expecting.
+SO MUCH ACNE! I've never ever struggled with acne in my life but one morning I woke up and I could not even believe it!
+My breasts were more sore than I could have ever imagined. SOOOOO SORE FOR WEEKS. Not to mention the change in size.
+The exhaustion was so real. I could've fallen asleep anywhere at any given time of the day. By 8 o clock I was completely done for the day. 
+I cried a lot. Which I expected since i'm already an emotional person.
I cried because I was so excited to be a mom.
I cried because I missed my husband while he was gone for 13 hour days at school.
I cried because I went and got chick fil a and then my fries spilled on the floor in the car and I just could not even handle.
I cried because I forgot to pack a dress on our trip to California.
I cried over heartwarming Facebook videos. You name it. 
+Absolutely 0 appetite 24/7. If I didn't have to eat to survive I probably wouldn't have. I didn't really have "cravings" more like there was only 1 thing in the world that I could maybe even possibly eat. Most of the food I was able to eat during that time I probably will never eat again in my life...or at least for a long time. This included Cafe Rio which I definitely cried about.

WEEKS 7-11
+Once week 7 came along I was unbelievably sick and nauseous all the time. Throwing up 1-4 times a day. I could barely talk sometimes because if I did I knew throw up would be making its way out.
+It was hard to go outside because the cold air would make me gag gag gag. And the insane nausea was all day everyday at that point.
+I definitely called my mom crying multiple times telling her I can't believe people do this all the time.  It was just plain HARD. Harder than I could have ever have imagined!  I could not believe how much I struggled weeks 7-11.
+ It got just as mentally hard as it was physically hard because it seemed like the sickness, headaches, exhaustion would never ever end.
+I spent as much time in my bed and on my couch as I possibly could. I felt like a failure of a wife because doing chores and cooking was such a challenge.
+Mommas really are warriors!!! It was crazy that I could feel so horrible yet so grateful and blessed at the same time.

WEEKS 12-14
+Once week 12 hit things seemed to get a little better symptom wise
+I wasn't nauseous 24/7 and only throwing up once a day a few times a week.
+My energy slowly started to come back as well as a small appetite!
+Time just seemed to fly!
+We got to hear babies heart beat for the first time.
+A teeny tiny little baby bump started showing- the one where it could be a food baby or a real baby.
+Some stretch marks began to show up but I'm trying to not beat myself up too much over that because I know how beautiful and incredible my body is for growing another human!

xoxo
Bailey


No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS